Friday, February 10, 2006

Valentine's Purse Number Two

I crocheted this one right under Michaela's nose! She was working on her Senior Project - she's writing and illustrating a children's book - while we watched Dancing with the Stars and Kate and Leopold. She asked what it was when I had just the base and about four inches of the bottom done. I flipped it over my head and told her it was my new Jackie Kennedy hat. we had a few laughs, then she asked me to turn it into a beret because she would wear it. After that she got so caught up in her project that I guess she forgot about it. the pattern is from the same booklet I used for Brianne's purse.

I also started Chloe's purse. It's coming along nicely and I should be able to post it tomorrow. I have to drive 60 miles today to pick up a cake for tonight's baby shower so I won't have as much time to crochet. But I have to have it finished before the Olympics start so I can begin my new shrug. I'm really looking forward to doing a garment. I hope it turns out well.

In other news, I'm really excited about the fact that my parents have finally entered the 21st Century! They bought a computer this week and are now online. I'm sure they were not the last household on earth without one, but it was frustrating not to be able to email or point them to a cool website (like this one - Hi mom! Hi dad!)

 Posted by Picasa

No comments: