Friday, February 17, 2006

Finished Fabric












Woo Hooo! I have finished crocheting the fabric for my shrug. I started crocheting the tie but the silly pattern has another mistake (or it is not written clearly enough for someone of my experience - advanced - to decipher) so I am making my own pattern.

I am hoping to get the sewing part done, either tonight or Saturday. And then I will be finished! This really is amazing because I used to be the kind of crocheter that would get frustrated with flawed patterns and quit when I couldn't figure out the directions. Now I just improvise and make the pattern work for me. This kind of trial and error is risky but has made me a better crocheter in the long run.

My newest dream is to design a garment of my own - maybe a skirt or sweater. And then who knows?! I don't know if I'll ever design for a living - I've found it usually kills the enjoyment for me when I'm under deadlines - but I do know that I am capable of so much more than I ever thought I would do! Wishing all my Team Wearables teammates similar Olympic success! Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your shrug is going to be so nice. I can hardly wait to see the finished work. You've done a great job so far and I just know you'll finish the rest of it in no time at all!! Carol