Saturday, February 18, 2006

Baffling Belt Blueprints












Oy! What an headache! I've spent way too much time trying to figure out a belt for my shrug. I finally settled on something close to what I think the designer was going for but I wasted a good evening and part of the day searching for just the right look. Rather than get stuck on this project, I decided to press forward with my original thoughts. I had, in fact, crocheted about 25 rows this way yesterday and then frogged it because I wanted something a little more substantial. As my friend Tracey would say "Holy Buckets!" I really could be close to sewing it on by now.

I wanted to debut this creation at church tomorrow - will that be enough to spur me on today? Hard to tell. But I know this - I'm looking forward to getting back to some other projects. Like the Granny Bag I started a while back or some Scrubbies that are made with colored netting. I need a change, that's for sure. With that in mind, I'm off to finish the belt. Check back tomorrow to see if I finished it. ;-) Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

elaine.triquetra said...

I like it! I have a pattern for open links that I had never seen before that if I ever finish my shrug I was thinking of using. I will have to come back here later since it is sunday and see what you finished with. I sure know what you mean about frogging, argh! Let me know if you want the pattern for the interlocking rings.