Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Olympics Day 5

I think the neck shaping went very well. It was a little easier than I thought it would be. I have 22 more rows to finish the right sleeve. Then all that's left is the sewing and crocheting the belt tie. I am thrilled with the results. It didn't take too much thinking about how to enlarge the pattern slightly when the time came. My gauge being consistent has been both a surprise and a pleasure - I feel like a professional at this point!

If you haven't been to my blog recently you'll want to scroll down to view Lyn's Felted Red Hat. Didn't it turn out fabulous!? I'd love to try felting a bag or something else that size doesn't matter so much. (I don't think the sailor sweater my grandma knitted me when I was thirteen counts!) I'll have to keep my eye out for a pattern that I like.

I've also added a syndication button to my sidebar just in case some of you want to add my blog to your web clips! Isn't blogging fun?! Hope you enjoy visiting often! Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Magikjaz said...

i ran across ur blog in the crochet olympics. I"m not participating but I am trying my hand at the shrug you picked. I'm having problems with it tho and was hoping i could chat with you since it looks like you're coming along great! I can't get past the first row..I think the problem is they don't tell you to chain long enough but as I'm relatively new at crochet i could use a second opinion. lol anyway i'm magikjaz at gmail dot com.