Sunday, February 12, 2006
Making my swatch gauge for the Crochet Olympics wasn't as easy as it looks. First of all, I chose for my project, the Beatrice Shrug from the Berroco website. I'm using a Debbie Bliss wool/cotton yarn in taupe to make it monochrome. It's a really nice yarn that I got on clearance a while back. Although it does have a tendency to split if I get careless with my tension. The problem came when there were no specific instructions for the swatch. I had to estimate the number of chains to use for the pattern. Then as I got to the second row of it, I discovered a mistake in the pattern. It took a while ot figure out that it was actually a mistake. Because I only went through the pattern twice to get the swatch.
The great thing is that my gauge was perfect. I have two extra balls of yarn. And all that's left is the doing. I just hope I like the finished project as much as I like the swatch!
Posted by Tina at 4:56 PM