Sunday, February 19, 2006

Heading into the Medal Round












Things are heating up here in the Cottage. Things that have nothing to do with DH keeping the woodstove stocked, although it is much appreciated.

I finished the tie and even though I had my reservations, I am really pleased with how it is turning out. I plan on staying up to watch the Ice Dancing and put the shrug together. I'm feeling the heat though because I'm leaving for an overnight trip tomorrow and won't have access to my computer for posting my progress. If I can get the shrug done tonight, I can post in the morning. Can't you just feel the pressure? I'm hoping for a Seth Wescott or Hannah Teter experience and not the Bode Miller or Lindsey Kildow variety. Ouch! DNF doesn't sound good at all.

Unfortunately I won't be able to visit any LYS while I'm away but I'm surely taking a project or two to work on in the doctor's office and later on at the motel. Oh, which WIP will be chosen to make the trip?! That will be a fun diversion. I'll be driving 300 miles tomorrow - taking my dear friend to an appointment in the city. She's 88 and still drives locally but is hesitant to make the longer trips by herself. I'm looking forward to spending some time with my fireball of a friend. She's an amazing lady. She's been through a lot of rough spots in her life but has come through them intact and with an incredible faith that is definitely inspiring. We have the best time talking and laughing while I learn plenty about how to do this thing called life with integrity. I'm sure I'll have a story or two to tell when I get back. Posted by Picasa

No comments: