Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Pre-Felted Bag

I have no idea how this is going to turn out. Whatever happens, I'll be glad to know I tried. I worked mostly in sc, making it up as I went along - I used a relief sc, a woven stitch and finished the edge with reverse single crochet. I hope I didn't get too daring in trying to get some texture to it, but I saw the most gorgeous felted items at the yarn store yesterday and did not want to end up with just a plain piece of felt! I also crocheted a flower to attach after felting, which is what I will do with the strap as well. I don't want to take any chances of some areas felting well and some not. It's off to the washer now - wish me luck!
 Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Deb said...

I can't wait to see it finished!!!

I emailed you, home it didn't hop over into spam.

Norma said...

Tina, I love the colors. It looks like it's going to be beautiful. I can't wait to try felting someday...when I can justify the purchase of some nice wool yarn! Good luck! I can't wait to see how it comes out.