Sunday, January 22, 2006

Checkerboard Finished

I am so pleased with how the Checkerboard/Tic Tac Toe board turned out! It is thicker than I imagined but really sturdy and lays very well. I hope I can wait til Christmas to give it to the recipient!











Pattern: Checkerboard side (see below for Tic Tac Toe Side and Joining directions) Finished size is approx. 12" x 12"

Materials: 1 skein each RH Super Saver Black, Red; Size I crochet Hook

With Black Ch 41.

Row 1: sc in 2nd ch from hook, sc in next 4 ch, *change to red, sc in next 5 ch, change to black, sc in next 5 ch* repeat between ** three times, change to red, sc in next 5 chains, Ch 1, turn.

Row 2-40: sc in first 5 sc, *change color, sc in next 5 sc* across, ch 1, turn. At end of Rows 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30 & 35, change color in last step of last sc. Do not fasten off at end of row 40.

Border: ch 1, 2 sc in last sc. sc in the end of row 39 and in next 37 rows, 3 sc in corner, sc in next 38 st, 3 sc in corner, sc in end of next 38 rows, 3 sc in corner, sc in next 38 st, 1 sc in corner, sl in front loop of each sc around, sl st in first sl st. Fasten off. Weave in ends.

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh boy is that great? Or what? I love the checkerboard/tic-tac-toe!! You have a right to be pleased with AND yourself!

Are you going to make the checkers or the Xs and Os? What are you going to use for that?

Pat?CT

Tina Marie said...

I was thinking about purshasing checkers that could be used for either side but crocheted x's and o's sound really fun! I guess I have a few months to decide!

Beata said...

This is great! I've been looking for something like this. Thanks for sharing